My Papers (for Courses)
- Sex and Gender in Cardiology - Proseminararbeit zum MCW Block 7 an der Medizinischen Universität Wien
- Die soziale Konstruktion von Geschlechtszugehörigkeit - Seminararbeit bei Maga Claudia Schneider zum Seminar "Gender Mainstreaming in der Schule"
- A Rape in Cyberspace by Julian Dibbell
- Scientists are "normal" people, children discover - children's prejudices before and after a visit to Fermilab, gender discrepancies ...
- Feminism and
Pornography, Andrea Dworkin, and The Meese Commission By Colleen
"I fear not the people who watch pornographic movies, nor the people who read pornographic literature. I do not even fear the people who partake in what I would consider bizarre sexual acts. I do however, fear those people who are overly concerned with others participating in consensual sexual acts in the privacy of their own homes. [...]"
"As a feminist, I resent the extremists and conservative feminists who assume that pornography is detrimental to women and causes violence against them. Such radical ideas are usually based on the 1986 Final Report of the Attorney General's Commission on Pornography, which was a hoax. [...]" Oh, and Andrea Dworkin Has Died ... read the obituary
- Conversational analysis of chatroom talk, PhD Thesis by Terrell Neuage
- Informatik-Frauen von Britta Schinzel und Christine Zimmer aus PCnews
- Feminist Humor after the old link stopped working ... (former link broken)similar site, archived version (wayback-machine) More feminism and women's studies (cmu)
- Grrl™ Site with many links
- Die "einzig wahre offizielle deutsche" Emanzen-Homepage von Carola Heine (firstname.lastname@example.org) (laut der letzten archivierten Version permanent geschlossen)
- past notable women in computing (not forgetting that (a) today programming jobs, if not nerdness, are near being equally distributed among the sexes and that (b) "notable past" women have only so much positive inluence on feminism)
- Feministische Links - Feminismus und Emanzen-Seiten im Internet - Powerfrauen und Machos (you probably came from there; seems to be the same as this)
- EU/UNO Free/Libre/Open Source Software: Policy Support (F/LOSSpols) project deliverables (with D16 and D17 evaluating gender implications)
Le Deuxième Sexe, tome 1 : Les Faits et les Mythes
Le Deuxième Sexe, tome 2 : L'Expérience vécue
Das andere Geschlecht Simone de Beauvoir (1949)
- The Feminine Mystique Betty Friedan (1963)
- The Female Eunuch Germaine Greer (1970)
- Sexual Politics Kate Millett (1970)
maybe Wired Women: Gender and New Realities in Cyberspace, ed. Lynn Cherny, Elizabeth R. Weise
review in Wired 7/1996, The Wired World According to Women, by Leslie Regan Shade
"I don't like being switched genders on, so I make sure early on so I don't inadvertently use the wrong social mores with anyone ..." p. 218
Sherry Turkle, Judith Butler; Robert Connell, Michael Kimmel; Dorothy Sayers (particularly her non-fiction), Eve Ensler ...